Watermark Teen Review Group
Teens! Do you want to read books before they are released? Want to talk with your peers about the interesting books you're reading?
At Watermark Books & Cafe, we are passionate about fostering and encouraging a love of reading in young adults (like you!). We’re excited to host a group that will allow passionate young readers an outlet for something they love.
Watermark Books' Teen Review Group is a group of book-loving teens who meet every month to get advanced reading copies, discuss books with other like-minded teens, give book talks, help out (and hang out) with authors and events, and even help put in proposals for authors to come to the store for events or school visits. Being a member is a year-long commitment, and we’ll meet about once a month on the third Saturday at 11:00 a.m. (There will be goodies!)
Applications are being accepted now and can be filled out here. If you would like to be considered for the Teen Review Group for this school year, are passionate about books and reading, are in grades 8-12, and are at least 13 years old, please fill out the application!
As you consider applying for a position, please keep the following in mind:
- Group members should be students in grades 8th through 12th, at least 13 years old, and must have parental permission to participate.
- Group members should plan to attend monthly meetings and author events. Missing more than 3 scheduled events (either the monthly meeting or an author event) will forfeit your membership.
- The group's primary mode of communication will be through the GroupMe app. If you do not have access to this app, please let Melissa know.
- Group members must be willing to read and review (either written, or through art, or short video) at least one book a month.
- Group members must be willing to work as part of a team.
- Parents must fill out a release form, attached below, and return it to Melissa.
Thank you for your interest in joining Watermark's Teen Review Group!
You can see our previous teen reviews by clicking the button below!