Consignment & Independent Author Event Information
Thank you for thinking of Watermark Books & Café as your partner in selling your books. We are proud to support Kansas, and especially Wichita, authors. Any bookseller can assist you with our consignment program anytime during our business hours. This stocking service is a fee-based program which costs $50.00, payable at the time of establishing a contract with Watermark Books & Cafe. We’ve refined this program during our 40 years of bookselling.
Please read through and agree to the following aspects of our consignment contract. If you have questions after reading these, please contact us.
- Bring five copies of the book you want to place on consignment to the store during business hours.
- Sign the contract and pay the $50.00 stocking fee to Watermark Books & Café.
- Once the contract has been signed and the fee is paid, Watermark Books will add your title to our Indie Commerce database in order to sell books online at www.watermarkbooks.com, in addition to displaying the books in our designated consignment section.
- The contract goes for a term of 90 days. The author will receive 60% of the retail price and Watermark Books will retain 40% of the retail price. Checks will be mailed at the month's end of your contract's date of expiration. For example, if you contract expires on March 15, your check will be mailed at the end of March.
- If your book sells before 90 days have passed, Watermark Books will contact you for more books to place in the store. We will initiate another contract. No fee will be required to re-stock books.
- If the book does not sell within the 90 day term, Watermark Books will pull the books from stock and contact you to collect the books within 30 days.
- If unsold books have not been picked up after 30 days, Watermark Books will have no financial liability for the books. The books will be considered abandoned and will be donated to a literary charity of our choice.
- Watermark Books is not liable for any damages or theft incurred while books are on display or during signature.
- Watermark Books is under no obligation to review, promote, or prominently display the consigned books beyond placing them on our designated consignment shelves.
- Author can initiate another contract after a period of 90 days of the original contract. The $50.00 stocking fee will apply to the new contract.
Thank you so much for your interest. Please review the FAQs for more information and tips on how to best work with all of us at Watermark Books & Café to sell your book.
If you're interested in self-publishing, please check out Ingram Spark. You can do so by clicking HERE.
EVENT HOSTING INFORMATION
Watermark offers three tiers of events for independent authors. For more information, click on the "Event Hosting Information" PDF below.
Individual Author Reading and Signing - Tier 1 - $500
Individual Author Table and Signing - Tier 2 - $125
Local Literary Festival - Tier 3 - $50
Local Literary Festival Date & Meeting Time in 2018:
- Sunday, December 2, 2018 from 2:00-4:00 p.m.
- Essential introductory meeting / call for submissions on Saturday, Oct. 13 at 2:00 p.m. at Watermark Books & Cafe
- Marketing materials available for pick-up to Local Literary Festival participants available on Saturday, Nov. 3.
To RSVP for a Local Literary Festival meeting or for further inquiries, please contact email@example.com