AUTHOR EVENT INFORMATION
Thank you for thinking of Watermark Books & Café as your partner in doing an author event. Watermark Books is an independent bookstore that loves welcoming authors, book clubs, and book events. Based on our years of experience, we know which types of events have the best appeal to our customer base. These include:
- In-Person presentation/reading with a single author
- Single-author events require that the author has strong local connections. By "local" we mean well-connected with our customer base and/or the city of Wichita. We may not offer to host some single-author events unless the author is local.
- In-Person discussion between two authors
- In-Person interview between the author and another individual
- In-Person storytime for children
PLEASE NOTE: This form is intended for authors, not publicists or publishers. If you are here because you represent an author, please forward the link directly to the writer.
RESPONSE TIME: We receive many inquiries each week, and book events 4-6 months in advance. Depending on when in our cycle a request arrives, a response may take 1-4 months. We will only schedule an event with you if we feel your event is a good fit for our store. Please read the following aspects of our event guidelines.
- If your book is not currently stocked at Watermark Books & Cafe, please read our Local & Indie Author Information HERE about getting your book in our store.
- We typically host events for books within several months of a book’s publication date.
- We always hope that the events we schedule can work well for everyone involved. We ask that you consider how many people the event would draw and whether readers would be interested in purchasing a copy of the author’s book at our store.
- If we move forward with the proposed event and carry your book in our store, we ask that you promote the purchasing of the book through Watermark Books & Café. In hosting an event with you, we agree to support you and we ask that you support us. This includes your initiative in marketing the event and your book to your customer base.