AUTHOR EVENT INFORMATION
Thank you for thinking of Watermark Books & Café as your partner in doing an author event. Please read the following aspects of our event guidelines.
- We like to schedule our events a minimum of two months in advance. This allows us to prepare for the event by ordering the author’s books, running advertising campaigns, putting the event information on our website and social media, etc. Please consider this when suggesting dates for your event.
- We typically host events for books within several months of a book’s publication date.
- We always hope that the events we schedule can work well for everyone involved. We ask that you consider how many people the event would draw, and whether readers would be interested in purchasing a copy of the author’s book at our store.
- If we move forward with the proposed event and carry the author’s book in our store, we ask that you promote the purchasing of the book through Watermark Books & Café. In hosting an event with you and your proposed author, we agree to support you and we ask that you support us.
- We are not always able to host proposed events due to schedule, time limits, staff restrictions, and more.
- Our events are most successful when authors/event proposers assist in marketing the event to the public, and to friends and family. We ask that you engage in the marketing of the event along with our team at Watermark.
- We will check this form biweekly. Please understand it may take up to two weeks for us to review the submitted information and get back with you.
All fields marked with '*' denotes mandatory fields