1. "Mandela: My Prisoner, My Friend" by Christo Brand
2. "Waiting is Not Easy!" by Mo Willems
3. "Sons of Wichita" by Daniel Schulman
4. "Everything I Need to Know about Christmas I Learned from a Little Golden Book" by Diane Muldrow
5. "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost
6. "Santa is Coming to Kansas" by Robert Dunn
7. "The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry" by Gabrielle Zevin
8. "Kansas Landscape, Volume 1" by Mark Feiden
9. "All the Light We Cannot See" by Anthony Doerr
10. "Unbroken" by Laura Hillenbrand
08/09/2014 10:30 am
Do you want to hone your writing skills, jump-start a new project, connect with a community of writers, and learn to be a more discerning reader?
Writing Connections is a series of 75-minute workshops presented by Watermark Books & Cafe and designed to get your word-processing brain in high-functioning mode. The workshops are taught by experienced teachers with newly-published fiction and excellent credentials. They will focus on point-of-view, navigating time periods, and how to do research for your fiction writing.
The cost of each workshop is $60 per session and includes a goodie bag (with a notebook and a copy of the author's latest book). All three workshops can be attended for a discounted price of $150.
10:30-11:45 - The Art of Research: Where to Begin and Where to Stop with Jenna Blum
12:45-2:00 - Keeping Track of Time: How to Navigate Distinct Time Periods with Rebecca Rotert
2:30-3:45 - Hearing Voice(s): How Point-of-View Influences a Story with TaraShea Nesbit
4:30 - Reading and Signing from Jenna Blum, Rebecca Rotert, and TaraShea Nesbit