1. "The Secret Wisdom of the Earth" by Christopher Scotton
2. "As Chimney Sweepers Come to Dust" by Alan Bradley
3. "The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry" by Gabrielle Zevin
4. "Navigating Early" by Clare Vanderpool
5. "How to Tie a Scarf" by Potter Style
6. "People of the Flint Hills" by John E. Brown
7. "Unbroken" by Laura Hillenbrand
8. "Ordinary Grace" by William Krueger
9. "Big Seven" by Jim Harrison
10. "Kansas Sky" by Mark Feiden
09/18/2013 6:00 pm
Watermark Books & Café is pleased to welcome Susan Branch for a presentation and book signing for A Fine Romance: Falling in Love with the English Countryside.
A FINE ROMANCE ~ Falling in Love with the English Countryside, it is a handwritten and watercolored personal travel journal of Susan's transatlantic crossing on the Queen Mary 2 and a two-month ramble around the backroads of rural England.
Included are over 300 photographs, a few recipes, Susan's recommended reading and viewing lists, maps, and her practical tips. Come along as she braves the North Atlantic, and once ashore she discovers the homes and gardens of some of her literary and artistic heroes, including Beatrix Potter and Jane Austen. With a little history, and a touching love story to kick things off, it's a perfect book for Downton Abbey Anglophiles.
Susan Branch, author of 12 best-selling "Heart of the Home" lifestyle books, offers a hand-painted love story about her voyage on the Queen Mary II and two months in England, touring the countryside and sharing stories, recipes, and travel tips. Each page is a piece of art -- filled with paintings, pictures, and her handwritten and unique thoughts about everything from pubs to Beatrix Potters Hill Top Farm. It is both whimsical and a visual tour de force of art and words.