2. "The Diary of a Wimpy Kid 9: The Long Haul" by Jeff Kinney
3. "The Republic of Imagination" by Azar Nafisi
4. "Reading Lolita in Tehran" by Azar Nafisi
5. "A Voice for Kansas" by Debra McArthur
6. "Skippjon Jones Snow What" by Judy Schachner
7. "A Carol Dickens Christmas" by Thomas Averill
8. "Waiting is Not Easy!" by Mo Willems
9. "Beyond Cold Blood" by Larry Welch
10. "Make It Ahead" by Ina Garten
Penguin Author Series: Magnus Flyte
01/14/2013 7:00 pm
When musicologist Sarah Weston accepts an invitation to spend the summer at Prague Castle cataloging Beethoven’s manuscripts for the wealthy Lobkowicz family, she discovers a city filled not with ex-pats, but with dark magic, where the fabric of time is thin and danger lies around every corner. Soon after Sarah arrives, strange things begin to happen. Her predecessor may have been murdered, and Sarah finds herself at the center of escalating and dangerous mysteries spanning several centuries. Who is killing off the academics at the museum? What secrets of time travel was a sixteenth century alchemist hiding? Who was Beethoven’s Immortal Beloved? What Communist-era intrigue is a powerful American politician willing to kill to cover up?
Magnus Flyte is a pseudonym for the writing duo of Meg Howrey and Christina Lynch. Howrey is a former dancer with the Joffrey II and the winner of an Ovation Award. She is the author of the novels The Cranes Dance and Blind Sight and lives in Los Angeles. Lynch is a television writer and former Milan correspondent for W Magazine. She lives near Sequoia National Park in California.
Tier 1 "Book Club" ticket includes:
1 book & 1 ticket per person
An author meet-and-greet with light snacks beginning at 6:00 p.m.