3. "The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry" by Gabrielle Zevin
4. "Leap of Faith" by Diane Wahto
5. "The Boston Girl" by Anita Diamant
6. "Bluebird" by Lindsey Yankey
7. "Dory Fantasmagory" by Abby Hanlon
8. "Ordinary Grace" by William Krueger
9. "Ruby" by Cynthia Bond
10. "A Spool of Blue Thread" by Anne Tyle
Penguin Author Series: Blaine Harden
04/01/2013 7:00 pm
North Korea’s political prison camps have existed twice as long as Stalin’s Soviet gulags and twelve times as long as the Nazi concentration camps. No one born and raised in these camps is known to have escaped. No one, that is, except Shin Dong-hyuk. In Escape From Camp 14, Blaine Harden unlocks the secrets of the world’s most repressive totalitarian state through the story of Shin’s shocking imprisonment and his astounding getaway.
Blaine Harden is a reported for PBS’s FRONTLINE and a contributor to the Economist, and has served as The Washington Post’s bureau chief in East Asia, Eastern Europe, and Africa. He is the author of Africa: Dispatches from a Fragile Continent and A River Lost: The Life and Death of the Columbia. He lives in Seattle, Washington.
Tier 1 "Book Club" ticket includes:
1 book & 1 ticket per person
An author meet-and-greet with light snacks beginning at 6:00 p.m.