3. Liespotting: Proven Techniques to Detect Deception by Pamela Meyer
4. Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made by Stephan Pastis
5. Ask Me by William Stafford
6. Timmy Failure: Now Look What You’ve Done by Stephan Pastis
7. Beginning Pearls by Stephan Pastis
8. The Girls of Atomic City by Denise Kiernan
9. Everything I Need to Know I Learned from a Little Golden Bookby Diane Muldrow
10. Rat’s Wars by Stephan Pastis
Penguin Author Series: Blaine Harden
04/01/2013 7:00 pm
North Korea’s political prison camps have existed twice as long as Stalin’s Soviet gulags and twelve times as long as the Nazi concentration camps. No one born and raised in these camps is known to have escaped. No one, that is, except Shin Dong-hyuk. In Escape From Camp 14, Blaine Harden unlocks the secrets of the world’s most repressive totalitarian state through the story of Shin’s shocking imprisonment and his astounding getaway.
Blaine Harden is a reported for PBS’s FRONTLINE and a contributor to the Economist, and has served as The Washington Post’s bureau chief in East Asia, Eastern Europe, and Africa. He is the author of Africa: Dispatches from a Fragile Continent and A River Lost: The Life and Death of the Columbia. He lives in Seattle, Washington.
Tier 1 "Book Club" ticket includes:
1 book & 1 ticket per person
An author meet-and-greet with light snacks beginning at 6:00 p.m.