2. Wichita State Baseball Comes Back by John Brown and Gene Stephenson
3. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
4. A Long Way Gone by Ishmael Beah
5. Everything I Need to Know I Learned from a Little Golden Book by Diane Muldrow
6. One More Thing: Stories and More Stories by B. J. Novak
7. Sycamore Row by John Grisham
8. Twelve Years a Slave by Solomon Northrup
9. The Monuments Men by Robert Edsel
10. Radiance of Tomorrow by Ishmael Beah
09/19/2013 7:00 pm
What happened to the girl you left behind?
In 1916 French artist Edouard Lefevre leaves his wife Sophie to fight at the Front. When her town falls into German hands, his portrait of Sophie stirs the heart of the local Kommandant and causes her to risk everything - her family, reputation and life - in the hope of seeing her true love one last time.
Nearly a century later and Sophie's portrait is given to Liv by her young husband shortly before his sudden death. Its beauty speaks of their short life together, but when the painting's dark and passion-torn history is revealed, Liv discovers that the first spark of love she has felt since she lost him is threatened...
In The Girl You Left Behind two young women, separated by a century, are united in their determination to fight for the thing they love most - whatever the cost.