4. “Summer House With Swimming Pool” by Herman Koch
5. “Everything I Need to Know I Learned From a Little Golden Book” by Diane Muldrow
6. “My Salinger Year” by Joanna Rakoff
7. “Sparky” by Jenny Offill
8. “Sons of Wichita” by Daniel Schulman
9. “A Tale for the Time Being” by Ruth Ozeki
10. “Press Here” by Herve Tullet
09/19/2013 7:00 pm
What happened to the girl you left behind?
In 1916 French artist Edouard Lefevre leaves his wife Sophie to fight at the Front. When her town falls into German hands, his portrait of Sophie stirs the heart of the local Kommandant and causes her to risk everything - her family, reputation and life - in the hope of seeing her true love one last time.
Nearly a century later and Sophie's portrait is given to Liv by her young husband shortly before his sudden death. Its beauty speaks of their short life together, but when the painting's dark and passion-torn history is revealed, Liv discovers that the first spark of love she has felt since she lost him is threatened...
In The Girl You Left Behind two young women, separated by a century, are united in their determination to fight for the thing they love most - whatever the cost.